Denim Day Pledge
I pledge to:
- Speak out against jokes or attitudes that make light of or promote sexual violence or harassment.
- Recognize and speak up when I hear statements that blame victims/survivors.
- Use my Denim Day NYC experience as a way to talk to friends and raise awareness about sexual assault.
If I know a survivor I will:
- Let them share their story and believe what they say and offer unconditional support.
- Communicate without judgment, blame or pity.
- Assure them that it wasn’t their fault.
- Share appropriate resources:
- NYC Sexual Assault Hotline 212-227-3000
- NYPD Special Victims Division 24-hour hotline 646-610-7272
Help us track where in the world people are taking a stand against sexual assault! Take the pledge and enter your zip code below: